Sunday, November 10, 2013

I Celebrate Myself

I celebrate myself.
          But I do so for the wrong reasons.
          I don't celebrate myself for being honest because I'll lie if it means keeping myself or someone else from getting hurt. I don't celebrate myself for standing up to anyone because I back down from any sort of conflict. I don't celebrate myself for being different because it's hard to be different from anyone these days as everyone stretches more and more outside the box looking for individuality.
          I wouldn't say I'm especially pretty or smarter than average. I don't really think I'm all that different from any of my friends or very original. I don't have any special talents and I don't play any sports or instruments.
          I celebrate myself all the same because I come to terms with the fact that it's okay to not stand out in a crowd of people. As long as I'm okay with who I am I'll celebrate myself.

1 comment:

  1. I think the fact that you would lie to prevent yourself or your friends from being hurt is something you should celebrate yourself for. Even though it is not being honest, sometimes it is better to tell a white lie than to have someone suffer. This is somewhat similar to showing civil disobedience. You are not going against your morals.

    ReplyDelete